PRO HR May 2022
What is the newest issue of the employer newsletter about?
- An employee may be dismissed for economic reasons without being compared to other employees only if the person in question holds a peerless and unique position
When evaluating which employees should be compared with each other for the purposes of selecting the one to be dismissed, the employees’ mutual substitutability should be the most significant criterion.
- When granting benefits from the social fund, the employee’s family and life situation should also be taken into account
The primary objective of the social fund is to safeguard the social interests of the individuals eligible for obtaining benefits from the fund.
- Applications for a temporary residence permit for a Ukrainian citizen covered by the special act may be submitted no earlier than 9 months after arrival
Applications submitted earlier than 9 months after the date of arrival in Poland will be rejected without examination of the case by the voivode, which the applicant will be advised about by mail.
- The employment relationship with a person called to perform territorial military service may be terminated only with the employee’s consent
The employee’s consent to terminate the employment contract does not need to be obtained in cases where the employment contract has been entered into for a probationary period or for a fixed term of no more than 12 months or in the event of bankruptcy or liquidation of the work establishment
- The filing of applications for a residence permit is still possible. The stopping of the clock on deadlines does not affect the possibility of conducting proceedings
With the entry into force of the 8 April 2022 amendment to the Ukrainian Special Act, from 15 April 2022 to 31 December 2022 the clock has been stopped on deadlines in proceedings for the granting of temporary residence permits, permanent residence permits or long-term EU residence permits to foreigners.